The gaming industry is super competitive. It pays to be first to market with a new game, app or idea to steal a march on your competition.
The journey of developing a game can be fraught with dangers though; regardless of if you are bootstrapping or seeking investment to grow the business you will face several risks that could derail the business. We would split these into two categories of claims (should they arise):
Risks associated with the game and its development:
- Contractual, Legal and Licensing issues
- User privacy and identity theft
- Product liability,
- Theft of your or alleged infringement of third-parties intellectual property
- You are found to you have deliberately designed an addictive game which has caused harm
Risks associated with the running of the business:
- Disgruntled investors and associated legal issues
- Employment practices and/or control of employee behaviour
- Damage and/or theft of business property
- The personal liability of Directors, Officers and Senior Managers are at risk for decisions they make
We partner with game developers to walk them through the risks and exposures during each stage of game development, plotting a course of insurable risks, we develop an insurance plan to balance the liabilities with the appropriate insurance cover.
We take our time working with clients on tailored risk and insurance plans and then select the insurance partners with the proper knowledge to comprehend your business and its associated dangers.